Saturday, January 2, 2010

Resolutions

Sometimes I don't even know why I bother with resolutions. I mean, we all know that no later than the 8th day of the new year we will realize that all hopes of changing or improving ourselves is just outside our reach and we will return to what is normal, comfortable or routine.

A few weeks ago I had this creative, but by no means original, idea. I would, with the help of perhaps a few real writers, write a daily blog throughout 2010 or 2k10 or whatever this decade is to be known by and I would enjoy every minute of it. OK, the 365 posts in one year was really the idea. But instead of cooking up a new dish or taking a flashy photo everyday this year I thought perhaps a daily advice blog might be best.

I mean anyone who knows me knows that I have all the answers. Oh wait, that's Ann Landers I'm thinking about. In truth, I don't have all the answers, or really even any of them. I lead one of those you-could-learn from me lives but from the standpoint of 'look at all these mistakes I make'.

Point is, be careful this year about your resolutions. You might just find yourself on the 2nd day of the year with already busted resolutions.


No comments:

Post a Comment